South Fremont High School Philosophy: The school recognizes its function to be that of a provider for a school environment conducive to the best teaching-learning experience that student abilities permit. While academic excellence is the primary focus of our instructional program, we are concerned with students' social well being and development.
- Provide clear educational goals developed with the students, parents, and teachers through the 4-year advisory program.
- Develop a curriculum that both challenges and meets the need of the students.
- Have a significant number of students in advance placement courses.
- Provide a learning environment that is safe and secure for all students.
- Provide regular monitoring of student progress.
- Provide adequate programs for students at risk.
- Develop means of recognizing exemplary performance of students both in and out of the classroom.
- Provide adequate programs for students with specials needs.
- Develop and maintain an effective and consistent discipline program.
- Provide an emphasis on developing good character and values.
- Provide programs to improve school climate.
The mission of Fremont County School District, the system that chooses excellence through continuous improvement, is to ensure that all students acquire the knowledge, skills, and behaviors to be contributing members of society by creating a system of real-life assessment, curriculum, and instruction; a safe and caring environment; and an active partnership that embraces the home, community, and school.
Counselors are available to work with students, parents, and teachers. They counsel with students and consult with teachers and parents on problem solving situations for student's coordinate registration, scheduling, testing, and individual parent/teacher conferences. The counseling program contains measurable student outcomes which address behaviors necessary for a person to function effectively at the appropriate level of development in each life role. The counseling program helps students attain educational excellence through individual excellence with support and involvement from parents, teachers, administrators, and community.